Saturday, January 5, 2008

Singapore sweet Singapore (05-01-08)

Hi everyone,

I left yesterday to study in Singapore for 4 months. The first thing that happened was that the flight was delayed and therefore we (Sheau and me) almost mist our plane in Hong Kong, luckily we were just in time. Unfortunately our luggage wasn’t ;-(.

Sheau’s aunty picked us up from the airport, she and Sheau’s uncle helped us find everything on campus.

Our room is Ok, there was nothing there not even pillows etc but it was clean. Even the public showers and toilets were pretty clean!!! Because we could not do anything without our luggage and we needed a lot of stuff Cecilia (Sheau’s aunt) and Yong Zhun (Sheau’s uncle) took us SHOPPING and out to DINNER they brought us home and waited with us for our luggage. Sheau’s family is REALLY nice to me!!

We had to wait until after midnight before our bags got here and we could finally take a shower. I never thought I could enjoy a public shower as much as I did yesterday.

To describe my first day in a nut shell: luggage?, warm, GREAT people, fun, tired.

Although I will be living in Singapore for the next couple of months, my home will stay in Amsterdam. So instead of saying; “home sweet home” I’ll call it “Singapore sweet Singapore”.

No comments: