Thursday, March 20, 2008

Getting a new life

I thought that living at the other side of the world would be really tough and that I would probably feel lonely a lot. I was prepared for that and although I miss home and my friends. I don’t have a lot of problems with it because I know I’ll be back in a year.

I have been here for over two months now and I am really getting a “new” life here, making new friends, having new habits, new favorite places. I had not thought about the fact that it would be hard to leave this place. It is easy to never move because you will never have to leave the things and the people you love. I am trying not to get to attached to the things and the people here because I know I will have to be leaving again in a few months. So far,,,, it is not working. I am getting attached and I think I have to, to be able to enjoy my time here. The hard part about it is that I don’t know when I’ll be back. I know the things that I really like about my life here will probably not be part of my life anymore when I get back to Holland. With me getting a new life here I’ll always be missing something.

No comments: