Wednesday, February 20, 2008

Gongxi fa cai / xin nian kuai le !!!


Happy New Year!, it is a bit late since it has been the “Chinese” new year since the 7th of Feb. On Wednesday night (6th) there was the countdown and then fireworks in Chinatown we went to Clarque Quy to go out. I finally went to a club here. I went with Noor and here cousin, his girlfriend and two other friends of them it MOS (ministry of sound). It was a lot of fun; the dance floor in one of the rooms actually turns around. After the club closed we got some drinks and sat by the canal it got really late and by the time we got home the sun had come up.

The MOS crew


After MOS; I am texting Annemarie

The first day of the new year I spend with Denyse, she is my appointed “buddy”. She is really sweet and outgoing. I went to her house and I got to meet her whole family. They were also really nice to me. I had a lot of fun spending my new year with a Chinese (Singaporean) family, and especially this family. So once again I need to express my gratitude.

The second day of the new year I went with a Dutch /(Indonesian) girl from my class and her friends to East coast beach and then to esplanade to watch fireworks and eat. After dinner I finally got to see Merlion up-close. Then we took a “tourist” boat from there to Clarce Que and then we went home.

Then it was Saturday and time for schoolwork again. I had a group meeting, for a presentation I had on Friday. The presentation didn’t go very well but I think we will still get an A (-). My group was really nice, we are an all girl group with all different nationalities.

I have been going out again too, on Wednesday, its ladies night then. We went to a club called Zouk. They play really cheesy music on Wednesday, 80’s and 90’s hits, and people on the stage do a dance that all the guys follow. It was REALLY funny. I could not see Dutch guys singing their harts out (with the song uptowngirl) and following a dance that go’s with it. Before we went to Zouk I went to a bazaar in school which was also really nice. You got a balloon when you entered, I put it on my bag and kept it there, even when I went in the club, apparently you are allowed to carry balloons inside ; )

OH and Sheau and I got our hall t-shirts!! Yeah now we are really part of hall 4!

I am getting less and less sleep but more and more fun.

1 comment:

Wyatt said...

Haha, yeah!! Mambo Night bij Zouk!

Happy New Year!